Greek Gyro Wraps
Total Cook Time: 25mins
Prep Time: 5mins
Cook Time: 20mins
Lower Calorie Alternative
- 1To prepare the marinade, combine 20g of yogurt with chopped garlic and lemon juice in a bowl. Add salt, pepper and oregano to taste.
- 2Cut chicken into 1.5-inch pieces and stir into the marinade (set aside for approximately 10 minutes whilst completing the next 2 steps). For extra taste, the chicken can be left marinating in the fridge for up to 24 hours in a sealed container but remember to bring to room temperature before cooking.
- 3To begin making the tzatziki, grate the cucumber and squeeze out all the excess water with your hands, then combine the remaining 40g of yogurt. Add salt, pepper, mint and lemon juice to taste.
- 4For the salad, dice the tomato and then finely slice some cucumber and onion. This should then be combined with lemon juice, oregano, chopped parsley and a dash of salt and pepper. Spray with the low-cal olive oil spray (optional).
- 5Preheat a non-stick frying pan to medium-high heat and distribute chicken pieces evenly into the pan to avoid steaming the chicken. Brown on each side until cooked all the way through, when complete remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- 6Place the flatbread in the pan for 10-15 seconds on each side to warm, then place on some foil ready to assemble the wrap. Cover the flatbread with the tzatziki, followed by the chicken, and then the salad topped with parsley. Fold over the flatbread and wrap into a cone shape, leaving the top exposed whilst twisting the foil at the bottom end so that contents do not drop out.